WideTEK® 36 – Quiet & compact wide format color scanner for documents up to 36 inch widths
WideTEK® 36 scans documents up to 36 inches wide (915mm). It is quiet and compact, making it ideal for applications in any office or production environment.It is the fastest high end color scanner with three CCD cameras.
State of the art illumination using bright white LEDs guarantees long lifetime and a low cost of ownership, since there are practically no consumables necessary over the life of the product. Cutting edge camera technology, with a dust-protected, fully sealed camera box holding CCD systems that use a patented stitching procedure, delivers up to 1200 dpi scanner resolution.
Easy to use walk-up scanning or mobile scanning with Scan2Pad®
The integrated walk up scanning software makes the scanner a truly shared device. One click of the mouse is enough to either print the scan, send it to any directory in the network or via email, to upload it to the FTP server, or to save it to the USB memory device. Simply walk up, scan and store or send the image, all through the use of the touchscreen.
Scan2Pad® lets you control the WideTEK 36 using an iPad or an Android tablet or even a smartphone running Android version 4.0.3 or higher. Quickly adjust the color depth, go from black & white to grayscale or full color and adjust brightness and contrast on your pad. Create PDF documents from your scans in a single step. Scan2PAD is the unique mobile scanning application that doesn´t require you to use an external cloud server. Simply scan your documents and take them away on your pad. It is fast, secure and best of all, free of charge.
Gentle Scanning of Historical and Fragile Documents
WideTEK® 36 gently scans due to special transport rollers that serve as pressure points ensuring safe document transport. For historical and fragile documents, this is critical.
Automatic document size recognition means that operators are flexible when feeding a source document into the scanner. It is not necessary to exactly center the document on the scan area. With crop and deskew, the resulting image output will be straight, centered and without black borders.
The new and unique background drum does not touch the glass plate at any time, avoiding scratches and document skews. To achieve extra contrast on sepias and film based documents, the standard black drum can be exchanged with a white drum, without needing any tools.
The user operates the scanner either with a standard internet browser or alternatively, via the built-in touchscreen. A monitor directly connected to the scanner can be used for image control or to modify the scan parameters, without a client PC. Using the touchscreen display, up to 30 different password protected jobs can be defined and stored. The jobs contain preconfigured settings such as scan parameters or directories on the network drives.
The exceptionally high scanning speed, dust-protected and encapsulated optical components and the absence of consumables characterize this highly efficient production-ready device. With a life expectancy of over one million scans, the WideTEK® 36 redefines the price/performance ratio in the wide format scanner market.
WideTEK® 36 Functions
- Scans up to 36 inches (915 mm) in width
- Exceeds FADGI *** guidelines, ISO 19264-1
- Fastest color scanning at 15 inches per second (22.9 m/min) @ 200 dpi
- 1200 x 1200 dpi scanner resolution
- Automatic crop & deskew
- On the fly rotation while scanning facilitates postprocessing
- Face up scanning (no more “blind”scanning)
- Real timedisplay of scanned images, modify images without rescanning
- Standalone device with its own integrated PC
- Scan2USB — Walk up Scanning to any USB device
- Scan2Print — Copy to networked printers or hot folders
- Output formats: PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNM, multipage PDF and TIFF, DICOM and many more
- Scan2Network — Output to network resources, SMB, FTP
WideTEK® 36 Features
- Dual LED lamps with natural light diffusor, no warm up, IR/UV free
- Large WVGA color touchscreen for simplified operation
- User interface configurable in your language
- Virus resistant Linux OS
- OS independent, runs with Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux, Mac
- ScanWizard uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Integrated walk up scanning software
- New! Use touchscreen enhanced versions of ScanWizard, PrintWizard and EasyScan with Scan2Net firmware version 6.30 and later with a full HD external touchscreen and view your scan results in high definition.Download the HD Touchscreen brochure here.
- Easy installation via Scan2Net® Technology
- Remote maintenance and troubleshooting
- Firmware updates via web interface
- Dust-free camera technology
WideTEK® 36 Options
- Transparent document carriers for fragile document handling, available in two sizes: A0 and A1
- Foot Switch — Hardware option for batch scanning
- WideTEK — UMFS universal multifunction stand, external 22″ touchscreen for virtual rescans
- Batch Scan Wizard — Software option for batch scanning
- Scan2iPF — Software option for direct and fast copy to imagePROGRAF
- Scan2EDIT — Software option for scanning and image processing in a single step
- Scan2ICC — Subscription for ICC color management and profiles
- Full Coverage Warranty — Up to 5 years subscription for full coverage warranty package and free spare parts