Bookeye® 5 V3 Overhead Book Scanner
The next generation of A3+ overhead book scanners
Full featured, production book scanner at an entry level price
Fully reengineered, the Bookeye 5 V3 is the smallest member of a new generation of eco-friendly, ergonomic and easy to operate book scanners. The Bookeye 5 V3 book scanner is a true scanner solution, not just a digicam mounted on an expensive frame. It was specifically designed as a self-service book scanner for formats 50 % larger than A3 (390 x 480mm / 15.3 x 18.9 inch) and it delivers professional image results. The Bookeye 5 V3 book scanner is fast and easy to operate, affordable, but with the power of a production book scanner.
The Bookeye 5 V3 book scanner is so small that it can be set up on any desktop or workspace. Installation is so simple, you will be scanning within minutes after taking it out of the box. Easy, fast and affordable. The Bookeye® 5 V3 book scanner is perfect for libraries, archives, offices and anywhere you want to scan and copy
Three book scanner models available: Basic, Kiosk and Professional
|The entry level model offers the same scanning functionality and speed as the other levels at the lowest possible cost.|
|This model includes all of the features of the Basic model plus the Scan2Pad application for scanning and operation with any mobile device, foot switch and Full Coverage Warranty.|
|This model includes all of the features of the Basic model, but has a higher resolution of 600 dpi and client interface for 3rd party software to meet the highest quality standards.It also includes a foot switch and Full Coverage Warranty.|
A 21 inch full HD multitouch screen allows the operator to control image quality and make many modifications on the fly. Pinch and swipe on the touchscreen the same way you would on a smartphone to zoom or move around in the image during preview. Attach a second, optional screen to operate the scanner with the main touchscreen and preview images using the second screen. The Live Preview function uses a second matrix camera to present a live video view of the document position before scanning.
There are three possible positions to attach the touchscreen: attached to the scanner neck, attached to the side of the scanner closer to the front or attached to the side of the scanner closer to the back, where you can angle the monitor in various degrees. It can also be used unattached, lying flat next to the scanner. The picture above shows the three attached positions.
Optionally a separate preview screen can be mounted to the neck, if the main touch is on the side.
The unique magnetically coupled book cradle solution allows users to digitize books and documents A3+ in size, by either laying them flat on the scanning bed at 180°or in the V-cradle, at an angle of 120° for gentle, protective handling of the source material. The two sides of the cradle are magnetically coupled so that the book fold can be moved easily in the center for optimal scan results.
Dark mode operation, new to the Bookeye 5 V3 book scanner, enhances scan quality through less light reflection and improves operation by reducing eye strain.
Multilingual operation, with over 20 languages available for the unique Scan2Net and ScanWizard user interfaces. Customize the interfaces to comply with corporate identity norms and standards.
Laser-assisted book fold correction effectively reduces annoying shadows and distortions in the middle of a scanned image of a book when operators are scanning thick bound documents, resulting in a perfectly flat scanned image.
Bookeye® 5 V3 Kiosk with Scan2Pad®
The Bookeye 5 V3 Kiosk book scanner is an extended version of the Bookeye 5 V3 Basic book scanner and includes the Scan2Pad functionality, enabling wireless connection of the Bookeye 5 V3 Kiosk directly to mobile devices like iPads and Android tablets. Operate the book scanner directly from your mobile device and the scanned images are available immediately as PDF or JPEG files. Automatic size recognition of the source material, color, grayscale and bitonal scanning, all with high quality image results, are just some of the features of the Bookeye 5 V3 Kiosk book scanner.
Bookeye® 5 V3 Kiosk can do the accounting for you!
The Bookeye 5 V3 Kiosk book scanner has an optional integrated billing module. For all applications that do not have an existing card or billing system, Bookeye 5 V3 Kiosk can take over the billing itself. Configurable invoice printing and journaling, and the remote locking / unlocking of the system are standard functions in the Bookeye 5 V3 Kiosk.
Bookeye® 5 V3 Professional for 600 dpi resolution + Client Interface
The Bookeye5 V3 Professional book scanner extends the Basic model to 600 dpi resolution for projects and applications which demand the highest quality image results.
The client interface enables simple integration of complex workflows utilizing one of the many capturing software solutions available, such as BatchScanWizard or BCS2.
Bookeye® 5 V3 Book Scanner Functions
- Color overhead scanner for A3+ formats
- High resolution line sensor with 400 x 400 dpi scanner resolution (600 x 600 dpi optional)
- Maximum Document Size 390 x 480 mm (15.3 x 18.9 inches)
- Operation in dark mode enhances scan quality and improves operation through less light reflection
- Live preview function shows the document position in live video for optimal placement
- Magnetically coupled V-shaped book cradles 120 – 180 degrees
- Laser assisted book fold correction – Scan bound documents without annoying shadows
- Optimize images without rescanning, real time display of scanned images
- Automatic finger and thumb removal
- Automatic Crop & Deskew
- Digital color balance – wide color gamut: supports sRGB, Adobe RGB, native RGB
- Automatic white balance and black value
- Scan2USB — Direct output to the integrated USB-Port
- Scan2Net® — Output to SMB, FTP, Printer, Email
- Output formats: Multipage PDF (PDF/A) &TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNM, PNG, BMP,
TIFF (Raw, G3, G4, LZW, JPEG) and many more
Bookeye® 5 V3 Book Scanner Features
- Easy three button operation: Start — Scan — Send
- USB 3.0 port accessible on the front panel
- Large 21 inch full HD color multitouch screen for simplified operation, 2nd preview screen optional
- Smallest possible footprint, sits on any desktop or workspace
- User interface configurable in over 20 languages
- Intel Quad Core i3 Gen.8 240 GB SSD, 8GB RAM
- LED lamps, no warm up, IR/UV free
- Can be used as a standalone device without an external PC
- Virus protected 64 bit Linux operating system
- OS independent, runs with Windows 8, 10, Linux, Mac
- Uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Scan2Net® technology
- Complies to FADGI *** guidelines, Metamorfoze Light and ISO 19264-1
- Remote maintenance and analysis
- Simple installation – scan minutes after taking it out of the box
Bookeye® 5 V3 Book Scanner Options
- BE5-SCAN2PAD — Scan2Pad® wireless hotspot
- BE5-V3-PRO-OPT — Upgrade to Professional, Client Interface & 600 dpi
- BSW-P-BE5-00 * — Batch Scan Wizard Pro License for Bookeye 5 V3
- BE-TWAIN * — TWAIN driver
- S2N-FSC — Foot Switch, hardware accessory for batch scanning
- Scan2OCR — Background OCR option for Scan2Net scanners (Only in connection with Batch Scan Wizard)
- Scan2ICC — Subscription for ICC color management and profiles
- BE5-V3-BK-SP12M — Full Coverage Warranty for one year– Up to 5 years subscription available
* only with the option: Client Interface & HD 600 dpi