WideTEK® 36DS – the world´s first wide format duplex scanner for digitization of two sided printed documents up to 36 inches (915 mm) in width. At a resolution of 300 dpi the scanner needs only 2.5 seconds to scan the front and back sides of a newspaper page in a single pass through the scanner.
The idea of double sided scanning in one production step primarily means less production effort: The document no longer needs to be flipped over and scanned again on the other side. That makes the scanner an ideal companion for press clipping, archiving and library services.
The scanner features two camera boxes, both consisting of three CCD systems, integrated into the upper and lower part of the device. The WideTEK® 36DS captures both sides of the newspaper at the same time. After scanning, software separates the scanned document into four single images; capturing the left and right half of the front and back of the newspaper – everything in one single step.
The scanner is equipped with two processor units. This allows an extremely fast data throughput. The patented stitching procedure merges the images of the cameras seamlessly together. The scanner resolution of 1200 dpi guarantees brilliant scan results.
The WideTEK® 36DS encompasses the proven technologies of the entire WideTEK® scanner family.
Compact Design – Double the Scanning Power.
The mechanical construction of the WideTEK® 36DS is also a highlight. The more extensive mechanics and additional camera and light units were integrated into the device without dramatically enlarging its dimensions. The duplex scanner is only 13 centimeters larger than the compact WideTEK® 36. The complete camera optical system is integrated in two dust-free sealed housings. Once optimally adjusted, all components are protected against external influences and require no maintenance.
Special transport rollers, with individually spring loaded ball bearing pairs serving as pressure points; ensure the best possible gentle document transport. WideTEK® 36DS digitizes even historical and fragile documents without damage to the source document.
WideTEK® 36DS Functions
- High performance wide format duplex scanner for double sided documents up to 36 in. (915 mm) wide
- Exceeds FADGI *** guidelines, ISO 19264-1
- Compact design – double the scanning power
- 2.5 seconds at 300 dpi for front and back sides of a newspaper page
- Scans up to 36 inches (915 mm) in width
- Fastest color scanning at 15 inches per second (22.9 m/min) @ 200 dpi
- 1200 x 1200 dpi scanner resolution
- Automatic crop & deskew
- On the fly rotation while scanning facilitates postprocessing
- Face up scanning (no more “blind”scanning)
- Real time display of scanned images, modify images without rescanning
- Standalone device with its own integrated PC
- Scan2USB — Walk up Scanning to any USB device
- Scan2Print — Copy to networked printers or hot folders
- Output formats: PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNM, multipage PDF and TIFF, DICOM and many more
- Scan2Network — Output to network resources, SMB, FTP
WideTEK® 36DS Features
- Scans both sides of a source document in a single pass
- LED lamps, no warm up, IR/UV free
- Large touchscreen for simplified operation
- User interface configurable in your language
- Virus resistant Linux OS
- Operating system independent, runs under Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Unix
- ScanWizard uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Integrated walk up scanning software
- Easy installation via Scan2Net® Technology
- Remote maintenance and troubleshooting
- Firmware updates via web interface
- Dust-free camera technology
WideTEK® 36DS Options
- Transparent document carriers for fragile document handling, available in two sizes: A0 and A1
- Foot Switch — Hardware option for batch scanning
- External 22″ touchscreen for virtual rescans
- Batch Scan Wizard — Software option for batch scanning
- Scan2iPF — Software option for direct and fast copy to imagePROGRAF
- Scan2EDIT — Software option for scanning and image processing in a single step
- Scan2ICC — Subscription for ICC color management and profiles
- Full Coverage Warranty — Up to 5 years subscription for full coverage warranty package and free spare parts