Bookeye® 5 V2A Overhead Book Scanner
The Best in Book Scanning — Automated High End Digitization
Gentle document digitization paired with maximum productivity thanks to the motorized V-shaped glass plate
The Bookeye® 5 V2A book scanner is the latest model in Image Access´ 5th generation of book scanners. Completely redesigned to meet the latest technological standards and to comply with the strictest environmental standards, it offers unsurpassed image quality paired with simple operation, a modern design, and literally maintenance-free operation for all professional applications.
With its 600 dpi and a scan time of less than 3 seconds for the entire A2+ capture area, it is equally suitable for large and small digitization projects.
A special highlight: the new, motor-driven V-shaped glass plate, which ensures very gentle digitization of books, magazines, posters, folders, or bound documents of all kinds. Automatically traversing at speeds from 19mm/sec up to 113mm/sec and a total stroke of 25cm, it gently flattens originals using the V-shaped cradle. The contact pressure can be individually adjusted, guaranteeing the gentlest handling of originals and distortion-free scans. Like all other Image Access Bookeye book scanners, the book cradle can also be used in flat mode.
The V-shaped glass plate is controlled via the ScanWizard´s extended user interface. The new control panel with animated function buttons allows, among other things, horizontal movement up and down, setting the speed or the position in which the glass plate remains after the finished scan job. It does not necessarily have to be at the top or bottom. Depending on requirements, the glass plate can be removed and refitted without tools and in two simple steps.
A 21 inch full HD multitouch screen allows the operator to control image quality and make many modifications on the fly. Pinch and swipe on the touchscreen the same way you would on a smartphone to zoom or move around in the image during the preview. Attach a second, optional screen to operate the scanner with the main touchscreen and preview images using the second screen. The Live Preview function uses a second matrix camera to present a live video view of the document position before scanning.
Dark mode operation, new to the Bookeye 5 V2 book scanners, enhances scan quality through less light reflection and improves operation by reducing eye strain.
Multilingual operation, with over 20 languages available for the unique Scan2Net and ScanWizard user interfaces. Customize the interfaces to comply with corporate identity norms and standards.
Laser-assisted book fold correction effectively reduces annoying shadows and distortions in the middle of a scanned image of a book when operators are scanning thick bound documents, resulting in a perfectly flat scanned image.
Thanks to its very small footprint and a weight of just 37 kg, the book scanner fits comfortably on any desk or workspace. The integrated installation wizard prepares the Bookeye 5 for operation only a few minutes after unpacking. It can be integrated into the network, enabling scanning to an SMB drive, cloud storage, Scan2Pad, email, and other output targets.
The Bookeye 5 V2A Automatic is the perfect solution for demanding applications, highly efficient reproduction, and preservation projects of highly sensitive source material in libraries, archives, offices and more.
Be inspired by the Bookeye 5 V2A Automatic and experience the highest scanning quality at a very attractive pricing model.
Bookeye® 5 V2A Automatic Book Scanner – Functions
- Color overhead scanner for A2+ formats
- High resolution line sensor with 600 x 600 dpi
- Maximum Document Size 460 x 620 mm (18 x 24 inch)
- Operation in dark mode enhances scan quality and improves operation through less light reflection
- Live preview function shows the document position in live video for optimal placement
- Magnetically coupled V-shaped book cradles 120 – 180 degrees
- Motor-driven V-shaped glass plate for perfect scans
- Open client interface for operation with BSW, BCS-2 and other 3rd party Software
- Laser assisted book fold correction – Scan bound documents without annoying shadows
- Optimize images without rescanning, real time display of scanned images
- Automatic finger and thumb removal
- Automatic Crop & Deskew
- Digital color balance – wide color gamut: supports sRGB, Adobe RGB, native RGB
- Automatic white balance and black value
- Scan2USB — Direct output to the integrated USB-Port
- Scan2Net® — Output to SMB, FTP, Printer, Email
- Output formats: Multipage PDF (PDF/A) &TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNM, PNG, BMP,
TIFF (Raw, G3, G4, LZW, JPEG) and many more
Bookeye® 5 V2A Automatic Book Scanner – Features
- Easy three button operation: Start — Scan — Send
- 2 x USB 3.0 port accessible on the front panel
- Large 21 inch full HD color multitouch screen for simplified operation, 2nd preview screen optional
- Smallest possible footprint, sits on any desktop or workspace
- User interface configurable in over 20 languages
- Intel® Core? Gen 8 processor, 240GB SSD, 8GB RAM
- LED lamps, no warm up, IR/UV free
- Can be used as a standalone device without an external PC
- Virus protected 64 bit Linux operating system
- OS independent, runs with Windows 8, 10, Linux, Mac
- Uses any browser: IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
- Scan2Net® technology
- Complies to FADGI *** guidelines, Metamorfoze Light and ISO 19264-1
- Remote maintenance and analysis
- Simple installation – scan minutes after taking it out of the box
Bookeye® 5 V2A Automatic Book Scanner – Options
- BSW-P-BE5-01 * — Batch Scan Wizard Pro License for Bookeye 5 V2
- BE-TWAIN * — TWAIN driver
- S2N-FSC — Foot Switch, hardware accessory for batch scanning
- Scan2OCR — Background OCR option for Scan2Net scanners (Only in connection with Batch Scan Wizard)
- Scan2ICC — Subscription for ICC color management and profiles
- BE5-V2-A-SP12M — Full Coverage Warranty for one year– Up to 5 years subscription available
* only with the option: Client Interface & HD 600 dpi